Thursday, September 17, 2009

Fellow of Winnie-the-Pooh

This week I started my new role as a Royal Literary Fund 'Fellow' at Stirling University. With over 100 institutions involved across Britain, this scheme has employed many creative writers over the last ten years in providing one-to-one support to students engaged in writing as part of their studies. Although not part of 'the institution' exactly, I am given a lovely home in the Department of English Studies on a campus that at this time of year and with this spell of weather, really comes into its own. Some of the buildings have rather tested my navigational skill but as the RLF scheme is principally funded by the AA Milne Trust, and I like to think of myself as a 'Winnie-the-Pooh fellow', I'm following a delightful precedent when walking in circles!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Linda! So exciting to see your wonderful blogsite and all the great things you're doing!
Miss you lots, Kate (Cory-Wright)

Linda Cracknell said...

Hi Kate - did you get my email? yes, still at same email address so please snd me your life story update! Lx